Dilapidations services for landlords
We provide the proactive approach required to obtain successful results for Landlords. The procedure when acting for you as Landlord usually involves:
- Careful study of the specific lease clauses including repairing, decoration, yielding up covenants.
- Detailed survey of the building to establish its condition and preparation of an interim, final or terminal Schedule of Dilapidations.
- Review the proposed intentions for the property at the end of the tenancy to establish the correct method of claim assessment based upon cost of works or diminution of value in accordance with Section 18 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1927.
- Liaison with solicitors for formal service of the Schedule of Dilapidations in accordance with established dilapidations protocol.
- Required document disclosure and negotiation with the Tenant to negotiate a fair settlement where common ground can be found. In the event of civil proceedings, preparation of the necessary submissions and provision of expert witness services as required.
We will always provide detailed Scope of Service and fee estimate prior to commencement of professional advice. When necessary, our in-house RICS Registered Valuers can provide Section 18 Valuations or Diminution Valuations to assist both Landlords and Tenants.
Whether it be an interim, final or terminal dilapidations matter, our results speak for themselves and we would be happy to discuss your specific situation and a potential strategy with you.